Joint Workshop: “Strengthening Transnational Funding Cooperation to tackle the urbanisation challenge”
Aim of the workshop
Based on previous workshops, activities and discussions on transnational cooperation of funding agencies this workshop will focus on a particular transnational research and innovation initiative focusing on urban matters. The mechanisms, priorities, instruments and activities of the Joint Programming Initiative Urban Europe will be presented and opportunities for Danube Region countries to join various (funding) activities will be discussed. Relevant conditions for joining and participating in the initiative will be reflected and the requirements of the Danube Region countries for such funding engagements will be identified.
The workshop addresses therefore in particular STI decision makers of ministries and funding bodies/agencies in the Danube Region countries interested in transnational cooperation on urban matters as well as programme owners and managers of urban-related national research and innovation programmes.
- Overview of the strategy, main activities and instruments of JPI Urban Europe
- Match of the strategic and thematic funding priorities of JPI Urban Europe and the Danube Region countries
- Reflection on the JPI Urban Europe 2018-2020 (funding) plans
- Specification of requirements and opportunities for Danube Region countries to participate in JPI Urban Europe funding activities (e.g. utilization of structural funds, participation in ERA-NET Cofunds, etc.)
- Identification of key organizations and people in the Danube Region countries regarding urban sustainability and transition that should/could be involved in further discussions and funding activities
- Ideas how to follow-up in individual Danube Region countries (fact finding missions)